A firm release date has been issue for Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.
Tecmo Koei have set the dates as September 2nd (NA) & September 5th (EU) on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 & PSVita. A PR statement was also issued detailing the games numerous features:
- One Warrior against a Thousand - Densely populated battlefields with up to 100 enemies on screen, each with progressive AI add to the exhilarating battle, amplified by new moves including Aerial Special attacks, Triple Rush (a system which allows the player the ability to switch between individual characters or unleash attacks as a party of 3) and True Musou Burst, the powerful finishing move executable by up to 6 characters.
- New and Crossover characters - The legion of warriors is larger than ever with 145 playable characters including the introduction of Tamamo and Yinglong, just 2 of 9 that are new to the series, cameos include Xu Shu from the Dynasty Warriors franchise and Kasumi from Dead or Alive 5 with more to be announced including the Atelier and Samurai Warriors series.
- Captivating Lands and Stages - Lands and battlefields are dramatically rendered drawing from the dark, sinister imagery in the Orochi series totalling 51 distinct stages with cross-over stages melding universes including Atelier, Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Samurai Warriors, furthermore, Musou Battlefields allow for customisation including character models and battle cries.
- The mythology of the Orochi universe expands - A new main storyline brings the heroes together again after the death of the Demon Snake as they are called upon by a mysterious stone to return to the chaotic din of battle. Additionally, new side stories provide a multitude of new scenarios and uncover secrets, the story extends with the ability to battle from a different point of view or even “what if” hypothetical stages that exist in a parallel world.
- Gameplay modes - Adding to both Online and Offline competition, new modes include Duel Mode, a fusion of team battles (up to 3 vs 3) and card battles, Craft Weapons function to alchemy even more powerful weapons, Officer Requesting and Summoning, Formation Skills and Dragon Portals that can be used to escape the battlefields, weaken enemies or recover party members Life Gauge.
- Share experiences Online - PS4 system players will be able to capture screenshots and live stream, share and see live comments which can impact either players’ games or co-op in Story mode, Free Mode and the new Gauntlet Mode.
- Cross-Play and Cross Save functionality - Co-op, data sharing and saving, and save data is now possible between PS3 system, PS4 system and PS Vita system versions, including save data importing of the original Warriors Orochi 3 on PlayStation 3.